(P36) Transnational Regulatory Networks
Oren Perez, Dean, Bar-Ilan Law Faculty
The Panel will examine the role of networks in the new global regulatory space. It is particularly interested in works that bring together regulatory analysis and network theory (both empirical and theoretical work). This analysis can shedsnew light on the role of networks in governance processes – both in the creation and diffusion of norms and in compliance processes.
The Panel seeks to contribute to the growing body of literature that considers transnational regulation an global governance through a network or interactionist perspective (see below for few examples).
- Abbott, Kenneth W, Green, Jessica F, & Keohane, Robert O. (2016). Organizational ecology and institutional change in global governance. International Organization, 70, 247-277.
- Bartley, Tim, & Smith, Shawna N. (2010). Communities of practice as cause and consequence of transnational governance: The evolution of social and environmental certiﬁcation. In M.-L. Djelic & S. Quack (Eds.), Transnational communities: Shaping global economic governance (pp. 347-374): Cambridge University Press.
- Eberlein, Burkard, Abbott, Kenneth W., Black, Julia, Meidinger, Errol, & Wood, Stepan. (2013). Transnational business governance interactions: Conceptualization and framework for analysis. Regulation & Governance, n/a-n/a. doi: 10.1111/rego.12030
- Fransen, Luc, Schalk, Jelmer, & Auld, Graeme. (2018). Community structure and the behavior of transnational sustainability governors: Toward a multi‐relational approach. Regulation & Governance, Forthcoming. doi: doi:10.1111/rego.12185
- Green, Jessica F. (2013). Order out of chaos: Public and private rules for managing carbon. Global Environmental Politics, 13(2), 1-25. doi: 10.1162/GLEP_a_00164
- Green, Jessica F. (2017). Blurred lines: Public-private interactions in carbon regulations. International Interactions, 43(1), 103-128. doi: 10.1080/03050629.2016.1210943
- Perez, Oren and Cohen, Reuven and Schreiber, Nir, Governance through Global Networks and Corporate Signaling (October 13, 2018). Regulation and Governance (2019). https://ssrn.com/abstract=3265793
- Perez, Oren, Bar-Ilan, Judit, Cohen, Reuven and Schreiber, Nir, The Network of Law Reviews: Citation Cartels, Scientific Communities, and Journal Rankings (August 31, 2018). Modern Law Review, Forthcoming 2018/2019. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3242052
- Perez, O. and Stegmann, O. (2018), Transnational Networked Constitutionalism. Journal of Law and Society, 45: S135-S162. doi:10.1111/jols.12107